Organization : Mouvement Social
Founded in : 1961
Commitment: non-confessional, non-partisan and non-charitable organization. Mouvement Social has centers widely spread all over the Lebanese territory close to the most disadvantaged people.
At the service of: the Human Being… All the Human Being… and every Human Being… is at the forefront of the organization’s priorities. It aims to build a fair and humane society, to improve the citizenship and autonomy of the underprivileged through socio-economic development projects and to implicate Lebanese youths in the development and improvement of their society. Mouvement Social works to build social support networks as well as empower individuals to engage in the wider community. MSL does not simply intervene on behalf of its beneficiaries to improve their access to their rights; it mainly works to increase societal awareness of social issues and lobbies decision makers (lawmakers) to promote policies that take into consideration the basic rights and needs of the underprivileged.
Partners: Mouvement Social works hand in hand with other associations, municipalities and the private sector in a synergistic fashion, which allows each organization to take advantage of its comparative strengths in developing a fair and humane society.
Values we share:
- MSL is non-confessional: MSL is a secular organization: It provides equal treatment and services regardless of religion
- MSL is non-charitable: it strives for the development of each individual as a whole in parallel to that of the community
- MSL is non-violent: adopted as means of effecting change
- MSL acts without discrimination
- MSL is a non-political organization: It applies a democratic process that is open to cooperation with all parties on specific projects
- MSL believes in proper scientific and methodical planning to prevent rather than cure
- MSL promotes group effort and cooperative work amongst all involved in any particular project
- MSL promotes decentralization of work and responsibilities
- MSL promotes voluntarism
- MSL actively supports the public sector, in a non partisan fashion, for the common good
- MSL strives to remain constantly active in order to effect positive change.
Representative of the organization toward the government
Human Resources and Financial Manager Tamam Mroue